In Asian trading on Thursday, spot silver held firm after two days of gains, trading around $17.35.
Silver prices traded higher overall, briefly dropping below the $17 mark before quickly recovering to trade near $17.35, as silver bulls were buoyed by hopes of an economic recovery fueled by global easing.
Worldometers world real-time statistics show that as of 11:27, Beijing time on May 28, the global total number of confirmed covid-19 cases exceeded 5.79 million, reaching 5,790,090, and the total number of deaths exceeded 350,000, reaching 357,432.
Among them, the cumulative number of confirmed covid-19 cases in the United States exceeded 1.74 million, reaching 1,745,803, and the cumulative number of deaths exceeded 100,000, reaching 102,107. Both confirmed cases and deaths are the largest in the world.
U.S. President Donald trump and twitter are also getting attention, with facebook and twitter bucking the trend on Wednesday as all three major U.S. stock indexes rallied.
The social media giant twitter angered the White House on Tuesday, prompting readers for the first time to fact-check tweets from US President Donald trump, warning its users that trump’s claims about postal voting were false and that the subject had been refuted by fact checkers.
Trump responded with a tweet, accusing twitter of meddling in the 2020 presidential election. “Twitter is totally killing free speech, and I, as President, will not allow that to happen!” he said. Mr Trump’s re-election campaign also accused twitter of “political bias”.
Following earlier threats, a White House spokesman confirmed that President trump will sign an executive order on social media on the 28th. The details of the executive order were not disclosed.
Press secretary Kayleigh McEnany spoke to reporters aboard air force one as she traveled with trump from Florida to Washington.
Before leaving for Florida earlier in the day, Mr. Trump again accused twitter and other social media outlets of bias, but offered no evidence.
“Republicans believe that social media platforms have completely strangled the voice of conservatives,” trump wrote in an unspecified tweet on Tuesday morning. Until we can allow this to happen, we will regulate them strictly or close them directly.”
“Social media, clean up your act, now!” “Mr. Trump continued.
Commenting on trump’s threats against social media companies, Facebook chief executive mark zuckerberg said censoring a platform was not an “appropriate response” from a government worried about censorship.
“I have to understand their actual intent, but in general, I don’t think it’s an appropriate response for a government to choose to censor a social platform because it’s worried about censorship,” zuckerberg said in an interview with fox news channel on Wednesday. Fox, which broadcast only a short segment of the interview, said the full interview will air on Thursday.
On the daily chart, the U.S. dollar index fell from its daily high near 99.35 and continued to decline, then gave up all its gains and turned down, and finally closed below the 99 mark, losing the key 100-day moving average level. On a technical level, the MACD green kinetic energy column expanded slightly and the KDJ random gauge hit oversold levels lower, suggesting dollar shorts have gained momentum but may have limited downside.
On the 4-hour chart, the dollar index appears to be forming declining highs and lows, focusing on whether near-term support can form around 99.71, currently trading below its main moving average. The MACD green column was steady, with the KDJ random hovering below the 50 level, indicating strong short dollar momentum or further declines.
On the daily chart, silver is still in a high consolidation pattern, the overall trend remains strong, now pay attention to whether completely stand at the $17 level. The MACD red kinetic energy column weakened slightly, and the KDJ random index hovered near the overbought level, trying to move down, suggesting that silver bull momentum weakened and there was room for a correction.
On the 4-hour chart, silver appears to be forming a moving low, with attention focused on whether the previous high of $17.45 can be broken, which is expected to confirm a rising trend. MACD red kinetic energy column initially appeared, KDJ random index to rise above the 50 level, indicating that silver is stabilizing, is expected to go higher.
Fundamental positive factors:
- Worldometers world real-time statistics show that, at 11:27 on May 28, Beijing time, the global total number of confirmed covid-19 cases broke through 5.79 million, reaching 5,790,090, and the total number of deaths exceeded 350,000, reaching 357,432.
- The high court of British Columbia in vancouver, Canada, issued its first verdict in meng’s extradition case, ruling that meng met the “double jeopardy” standard and that her extradition trial would therefore continue. Meng will remain in Canada to attend related hearings at a later stage and await the outcome of the new trial.
- Secretary of state mike pompeo said he testified to congress on Wednesday that under U.S. law, Hong Kong should no longer enjoy the same privileges as before British law applied in July 1997.
- The United States is preparing a strong response to China’s version of national security legislation in Hong Kong, which will be announced by the end of the week, trump said on Tuesday.
Fundamental negative factors:
- The Japanese government announced on Wednesday that it will pass a second supplementary budget for 2020, which will see the Abe administration spend more than 234 trillion yen on fighting the epidemic and promoting economic recovery.
- The European commission on Wednesday unveiled a 750 billion euro ($826.5 billion) recovery fund as the region faces its worst economic crisis since the 1930s.
- Novavax, the us biotechnology company, said on Monday that it had begun the first human study of its experimental coronavirus vaccine.
- Data released on Tuesday also boosted confidence that the U.S. economy has bottomed out as it reopened its markets. The consumer confidence index jumped to 86.6 from 85.7 in April, according to the conference board. Sales of new single-family homes in the us rose by 623,000 units last month, beating expectations of 490,000.